|Number of Bids||1|
|Starting Date||18-Aug-2016 6:00 PM|
|Ending Date||06-Sep-2016 9:30 PM|
Hawthorn will wear a special event Indigenous guernsey during this weekend’s Round 22 clash with the West Coast Eagles.
The 2016 Indigenous Guernsey has been a twelve-month journey for Yorta Yorta/Wiradjuri painter Jirra Lulla Harvey and Hawthorn Football Club Indigenous players, Shaun Burgoyne, Bradley Hill, Cyril Rioli and Jermaine Miller-Lewis.
The Guernsey is a follow on story from the first Indigenous Guernsey worn by the Club. The inaugural Indigenous Guernsey represented the Hawthorn local area.
This design represents the players and them joining together on the land of the Wurundjeri. It captures the players’ different journeys through individual motifs that give an insight into their life outside football and their cultural identities.
A special feature of the Indigenous Guernsey is a short story from each Indigenous player that sits inside the collar of the Guernsey.
The guernsey also features the names of each Indigenous player that has represented Hawthorn, dating back to the Club’s first Indigenous player, Cyril Collard, who made his debut in 1957.
Lulla, who designed the guernsey in consultation with Hawthorn’s Indigenous players and apparel partner adidas said she wanted the guernsey to allow football fans the opportunity to learn more about and celebrate the coming together of cultures.
Don’t miss this chance to purchase a piece of Hawthorn history with this extremely rare & unique collectable.
All guernseys are match worn*, unwashed, featuring a sublimated player number with authentic individual signed signature in permanent black marker front and back.
All match worn guernseys will come presented in a collectible tin* with an outer decal to mark the occasion and each accompanied by a ‘Certificate of Authenticity’ provided by the AFL Players Association and fully licensed by the AFL .
Manufactured under license by our on-field partner adidas, the 2016 Indigenous Hawthorn Guernsey consists of :-
• a celebration of Hawthorn's proud indigenous history
• original artwork created by Jirra Lulla-Harvey in conjunction with personal drawings inspired from life experiences from Cyril Rioli, Shaun Burgoyne, Bradley Hill and Jermaine Miller-Lewis
• stories pertaining to each player called out in inner neckline
• features names of all Hawthorn Indigenous players until August 2015
• sublimated major sponsors Tasmania and iiNet featured on the front and back respectively
• 100% Polyester Interlock, 150g
• climalite technology
• self-fabric Arm bands, with contrast elastic neckline
• regular Fit
• limited in Edition
• new side seam structure
• lightweight performance fabric
• features the Gold AFL Premiers 2013 | 2014 | 2015 logo as worn onfield in 2016 and the Recognise logo
• 'We play with pride on Wurundjeri Land' call out on rear neck outer
Featuring adidas Climalite technology which is lightweight, breathable fabrics worn close to the skin, which conduct heat away from the body to keep you cool and dry in warm conditions.
The image used is for illustration purposes only, it will not be 100% reflective of the final product.
Edition 1 of 1.
* Should a player not be selected, or for any other reason not take the field in Round 22, the Guernsey will be signed but NOT Match Worn.
Successful bidders should expect to receive their auction item in early September 2016. Customers who request collection will be contacted by phone when their item is ready.
Please contact HawksNest for further information. Please also allow up to 10-14 business days for delivery.